Activities for all ages include author appearances, guest artists, live music, visiting therapy dogs, coloring tables & game demos, give-aways, drawings for tote bags filled with books
Celebration at Flintridge Bookstore & Coffeehouse
Small Business Saturday is a nationwide event started by American Express in 2010 dedicated to showing support for indie businesses and recognizing their contributions to their communities.
Come and join the fun!
MEET THE AUTHOR:
· P.A. Wikoff, Feylin Lore: Reflections (Fantasy)
· Eugenie Buchan, A Few Planes for China: The Birth of the Flying Tigers (History)
· Arcadia Publishing authors Michael Lawler, Crescenta Valley History: Hidden in Plain Sight (History) and J. Michael Niotta, Ph.D, The Los Angeles Sugar Ring: Inside the World of Old Money, Bootleggers and Gambling Barons (True Crime)
· Rare Bird Books authors David Rocklin, The Night Language (Fiction) and Cat Gwynn, 10 Mile Radius: Reframing Life on the Path through Cancer (Memoir)
· Charline Brito, Fiber designs
· Jeanine Colini, Original designs on greeting cards and wall art
· Cathi Milligan Art glass & beads
· Lena Sayadian, Painting
· Anthe Wosczyna, Little Muse Designs jewelry
Other handmade items on display: Ulla Anobile felt art; Bonnie LM crocheted hats and felt ornaments; and Oxley & Mortimer jewelry.
GUEST STORYTIME AUTHORS:
· Janet Squires, Just Like Gulliver (pre-school-3)
· Frans Vischer, Fuddles & Puddles (ages 4-7)
· Betsy Rosenthal, Porcupine’s Picnic: Who Eats What? (ages 4-8)
· Jamie Purnell, Guitar & vocals (and he signs his children’s book Proud Penguin)
· La Canada High School’s Chamber Singers, holiday songs
· Cedar the reading therapy dog (collie)
· Oliver the Schnoodle (pick up an autographed copy of his book)
· Therapy dog couple Luke and Blondie (golden retrievers)
Throughout the day, we have tables for coloring (all ages), game demos, and other activities.
And, we have lots of give-aways, including bags full of books, tote bags, and t-shirts.
Finally, there is a book drive benefitting Literally Healing of Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. Last year the program gifted over 42,000 new books to patients & their siblings. Flintridge Bookstore’s drive for Literally Healing lasts through the end of the year.